Friday, February 22, 2019

Something New!!!

At the beginning of February I found out that I was going to be joining a new Design Team for EyeConnect Crafts! I'm so excited for this new opportunity! Click on the company's name to go check out their website. 

Sunday night we came home from our weekend getaway and I found a box of goodies on my doorstep! One of the first items I wanted to play with was this birdcage.
I popped it out of its home and decided  to paint it. Painting is an awesome way to cover these cute little pieces of  chipboard like material. They soak up the paint so quickly that it dries super quick. I did two coats of paints in a few minutes.

Next up, I laced it up by doubling up white embroidery floss. My embroidery floss was a little wonky from being stored, so I added a little bit of white glue to it, which  helped some of the kinks to come out and for it to adhere to itself and be a bit more stiff.

I decided to ink up the birdcage on the edges to match the paper and then I added some liquid pearls to the top and bottom. I propped the cage up with foam tape and added some flowers and pearl centers. I decided it needed a little bird and so I freehand drew one and cut it out. I love the dimension the birdcage adds to my card!


Thanks so much for stopping by!