Tuesday, September 22, 2009

pickles

So I was at the store the other day and thought, "hey pickles sound like a yummy snack." We rarely have pickles at our house, because I am the only one who eats them. I truthfully think this is the first time I have bought them and had them in a fridge since Steve and I have been married. So obviously this is a monumental event, that needs to be recorded. Anyways, so I'm putting the groceries away and I thought I would just pull a little pickle out (they're all little because I got the snacker size...they're the perfect size). I thought for sure that it not being cold would have no affect on the taste of the pickle. I was so WRONG! Did not taste anywhere near as good as the ones do today because they are nice and chilled. So, note to everyone out there, don't do it. Don't eat a warm pickle (deep fried is different), it just isn't as good as the cold ones.

3 comments:

La Familia Young said...

That's funny. We usually have pickles here! The one thing missing? Deli meat... I know, we are funny!

Becky said...

We HAVE to get some fried pickles when you are here! So good! We can do a fried pickle comparison...Black Eyed Pea's are sliced. Fish Shack's are spears. YUM!

Jeslyn said...

hahaha! Always good to learn things! I have not eaten a pickle in a long time it kind of sounds good! If I was feeling better I would say I'll be over to snack on one with you!