Friday, February 19, 2010

Cherry Chocolate Almond


Oatmeal...that is. I thought this up the other week and Rebecca and I have enjoyed a few times since.
.
Cherry Chocolate Almond Oatmeal
.
3/4 c. oatmeal
1 1/2 c. water
handful of cherry flavored craisins or dried cherries
generous sprinkle of butter toffee glazed Almond Accents
light sprinkling of Ghiradelli 60% cocoa chocolate chips
.
Cook oatmeal according to directions and add in cherries to cook for about a minute with the oatmeal. Put in bowls top with remaining ingredients, mix and enjoy!
.
No sugar added, though there is sugar in each of the toppings. About 3g from the chocolate, 1g from the almonds, and it is hard to calculate from the cherries, because they are fruit and therefore are higher in sugar. But it is not the overly sweet oatmeal, like the apples and cinnamon, you buy at the store. This is just slightly sweet and oh so yummy.

3 comments:

specialcraftmom4 said...

sounds good! I love steal cut oats with homemade granola, almonds and honey (: Very yummy!

The Studes said...

hello my dear! I will be heading up to your area the second week of march... I"m thinking pictures if that works for you!

La Familia Young said...

Just rub it in... I'll keep buying my cheap-o Wal-Mart package of instant oatmeal. Thak you very much!... JK! I like how there's not sugar added! And cherries! I need to expand my fruit selection!