Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Ultrasound of her head

Nina had an ultrasound of her head done this morning. Don't know the results yet, but the neonatologist was pretty sure everything would come back normal. It was just to make sure. She has been taken off the pulse oximeter, the device that measures oxygen saturation in her blood, since she has not had any problems with that for at least 5 days or more. Also, when we are there holding her we can take her off the other monitors to mimic what it will be like at home. The neonatologist wants to make sure that we are comfortable with taking her home before we actually do that. We are hoping to take her home this week, just like we have been the past two weeks. I'll believe it when she is at home. She's growing and doing better everyday.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Thanks for your update! I'm glad to hear things are looking up and hopeful that you get her home very soon! Still in my prayers. Love you all!

Joel and Sara said...

I hope she is home soon! Hopefully you caught up on some rest from your sleepless third trimester nights!!

Cris said...

I hope Nina will be home with you and the family soon. I am glad all of her tests are coming out with good results. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the baby. We are looking forward to meeting her!