Thursday, June 28, 2012

Apple Cake in a Jar

I used Gourmet Rubber Stamp's June Diner's Kit to create this tag. I used the border from the seed packet stamp and stamped the "fill with" then masked it and stamped the jar. I baked apple cake in the jar and delivered these little goodies to some friends.  I used some pink washi tape and a scrape of ribbon stapled on with a wooden button accent by Crate Paper. The paper flower is by Recollections Mulberry Paper Flowers. 


The apple cake recipe is adapted from allrecipes Apple Coffee Cake.
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup applesauce
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup apple juice
  • 2 large apples or 3,4 small - peeled, cored and sliced
  • 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350. Mix ingredients. Spray jars with non-stick cooking spray and fill half way. I used pint size jars, so about 1 cup of batter. I placed my jars in a 10 x 14 pan with sides. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Pull out screw on lids and as they cool the lids will seal.

3 comments:

Rachel B said...

How Stinking Cool Are You???!!!

Unknown said...

Looks great :)

Unknown said...

That was me, Rosa, or Unknown :)