Wednesday, July 25, 2012

July Design Team Challenge - Home Decor

The Gourmet Rubber Stamp's DT challenge this month was to get inspiration from your own home decor. This was super challenging for me...(a) I just moved and (b) I'm not super decorative in the first place. I have a home filled with a lot of furniture that was free. I have a chair I love that my grandmother (really she is Steve's but I have claimed her now as mine) recovered for me that is awesome. However, the card I made was not. My next idea came from my new house. The original owner passed away and we bought the house. One of them had a hobby of creating stained glass. Next to the front door is this:








I used the set Au Naturale. There are some lovely images in this set! The butterfly just made me think of stained glass. I stamped the butterfly with StazOn on to acetate and then colored the other side with Copics. I die cut it and then cut the card with the next bigger size. I punched holes and used embroidery floss (but only 3 strands) and tied it on and then covered the back with the knot with a glue dot and used a hole punch to make a small white circle to cover the glue dot. I stamped the leaf on green cardstock with StazOn and same with the sentiment.

Here is a close up to see the acetate.

Thanks for looking and don't forget to stop by the rest of the DT. I have seen some of the wonderful inspiration and cards they have come up with! You have to see!!

Deb Felts
Jennifer Ingle
Jeni Allen
Kendra Wietstock
Stephanie Lee
Taylor Ursy

2 comments:

Jingle said...

This is such a gorgeous design!

Kendra said...

So so pretty! I love the window too ~ so cool!