Thursday, October 4, 2007

Beach and Tomatoes

Tuesday was a beautiful day and so I emailed Steve "can you get off early and we could go to the beach?" He replied with "not today." But then 30 minutes later he called to tell me he was on his way home because he couldn't focus at work. So we went to the beach! While at the beach, RJ was strapped in (as you can see) and she was opening her mouth really wide and putting it against dad's back and making funny noises. Dad thought it felt weird. What was bad was we were in a place that there wasn't a lot of sand. We laid out our towels and maybe 30 minutes after being there a big wave came up and soaked our towels. So now we have wet, sandy towels that we had to haul out of the beach, plus we didn't have anything else to sit on. Rebecca was covered in sand and in was in her diaper too. We washed her off in the cold ocean and then had no towel to wrap her in. So dad used his shirt to wrap her up.

I took a picture of my home canning! Crissie is awesome! So those are the tomatoes and applesauce we made and canned. I opened my first tomato jar yesterday. I did a home made marinara sauce to go in my baked ziti! YUMMY! I am in to baked pasta dishes right now, so delicious.



Then after dinner, dad and I were on the couch and Rebecca was playing. When I looked over and noticed she had climbed up on the bouncy chair. The climbing has begun, just like Bebe predicted, except she isn't on top of the fridge...yet. We have had this chair over by the bookshelf because we keep meaning to put it in our car to get back to Rich and Ashley, who let us borrow it. I think we definitely need to get it to them now. She is so ADORABLE!

2 comments:

Mom of Four said...

Nice picture of the canning jars. I like that RJ is now into the climbing phase.

kandj said...

Sounds like she's keeping you busy!