Friday, May 30, 2008

The Honeymoon, Part 1: The first impression

This is the first part in a series of reports on our honeymoon. Yes, there will be lots of rambling on and pictures, so consider yourself warned.


We flew into the Cancun airport where we met our driver who took us to our hotel. The hotel was freakin' fancy and beautiful. It is called the Valentin Imperial and is an all-inclusive five-star resort located south of Cancun (between Cancun and Playa del Carmen). When we got there, they learned we were honeymooners and that the room we reserved had 2 beds in it, so they upgraded our room to this fancy-shmancy beauty.




And what is a fancy room without its own jacuzzi bathtub?








The lobby was also fancy, and the scenery was AMAZING!








The resort had a fantastic pool, and walking just a couple of minutes beyond it lead you straight to the hotel's beach (which was by far the best beach I have ever been on).









Almost there....







Just beyond the palm trees is this....








All we did the first day is lay out at the beach and pool. I got a little red in the face (as you'll see in future pictures). Allison got really tan.



Is it time for lunch? Just head over to the restaurant that's located on the freakin' beach.







There will be a whole entry dedicated to the food we ate, since it was all fancy (ex. I had escargot for the first time).
That's all for Part 1. Stay tuned for more of our multi-part series "The Honeymoon: Why the Heck did I Come Back?"


4 comments:

chickadee3357 said...

I am SO envious!!! I can't wait for more pictures either. Bring 'em on!

Becky said...

Wow! It's great! It doesn't look crowded either. That's my kind of vacation! Should we go there instead of Hawaii next year?

Holly said...

I wish I was there. I'll go anywhere with a beach! I'm landlocked

Business Nerd said...

The "Great" Salt Lake is like an ocean--it's salty. Just find some sand (there's lots of that in Utah) and it's like you are at a beach. A smelly, one-piece-bathing suit, eating Jell-O with carrots and raisins, oh-my-heck beach.