Thursday, June 12, 2008

bugs me

You know what bugs me, when people name things and purposely don't spell them right. Or when a non-ghetto person names something ghetto. For instance, I have this little box next to me that says "Tissue Pak". What purpose does it serve to take the 'c' out? Why not just spell it right? I understand when they change the first letter from a 'c' to a 'k' or vice versa to make it an alliteration. I don't love it, but its not as bad. For instance, Kiddie Kamp. But this is what got me on this subject. There is this stamp company I like called Unity. They made a storage system for their stamps and they wanted help to think of a name. What did they call it? Rubba Rack. What is Rubba? Do you mean Rubber? Then why not call it Rubber Rack? Does it make that much difference to call it Rubber over Rubba. And the owner is definitely not ghetto. So WHY on earth would you called it Rubba?

4 comments:

Lindi said...

Fo sho! i totally know what you mean I don't get it.

Mardee Rae said...

I am so with you. Let's be serious. not much more to say.

Ashley Newell said...

Maybe there's a copyright on Rubber Rack?

Jacqueline said...

I love the term Rubba Rack! I think it is new and different...BTW they have Hip Hop thursday celebration on Splitcoaststampers.com. It goes with their hip fresh company! I do not think it is Ghetto at all. I do agree about some things not being spelled or said right, but this is on purpose.

-Jacquie