Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Growing in Unity ~ Day 2

Thank you for all the comments yesterday! I read every single one (sometimes twice.) Today I have a scrapbook page and a card (click on the picture to make bigger if you like).

This page I made as a RAK (random acts of kindness) in our Unity RAK group. This particular lady is pregnant with her second boy!! Her due date is the same day as her first boy just two years later! And she only happens to be less than 2 hours away from me, but I have yet to meet her. It is Ashley or HeartHugsDesign.


The stamp set was just released in February and it is called Journal Baby's Journey. It is super cute! I loved the scrapbook page Chelsea Cook (Unity DT) did for Hip Hop on 2-19, click here to see. I used the idea of the top page that is distressed to show the paper below it.



I really like this mama stamp. I used Koh-i-noor pencils to color it purple.





Here is my CAS card. I love this background stamp! Its tea time toile. I think it is just beautiful! I used versamark to stamp it and then clear ep. Velvet ribbon and a crocheted flower. Easy peasy.
I also put a layer of pink paper on the inside with a pretty rub-on in the corner.
.
Don't forget to comment for a chance at Unity Rubber (or just to make me feel special)!

30 comments:

JazzyH said...

Very nice. I like the crochet flower.

Lisa F said...

I love the layout! Great job!

StampinCathy said...

Fabulous layout and love the colors. Your card is so pretty and love the colors and that big crochet flower.

Katy said...

adorable!! love the CAS card!

Ashley Newell said...

Thank you so much for the layout Kelli! You are too sweet! It's the first one I've ever gotten! I love it so much!

Your card is GORGEOUS! I love how clean it is! Very stunning!

Laura L said...

I love the page you created. I have been making baby albums for gifts and always like more ideas. I actually just got the mama stamp in my grab bag!

Jenn said...

Beautiful page, I love the colors!

Michelle (aka mybelle101) said...

Beautiful projects, Kelli! I love the idea of a RAK layout! I'm sure Ashley will love it :)

Your card is so beautiful! I love that BG, but am always stumped on how to use it without covering it up...this is a perfect solution, and I love the flourish you added to the inside! So elegant ;)

wendyp said...

Adorable!!! Love that pink card with the gorgeous crochet flower on it!!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous LO and card!

Love your blog header! >:0)


Tonya

jan farnworth said...

very cute i am sure ashley will love it.

Michelle said...

Fabulous layout, I love how you distressed it, very cool how the paper below shows through. I am sure Ashley will love it. The card is beautiful too. Great job!

Anonymous said...

I love both the layout and the card! I'm sure Ashley will just adore the page. I'm jealous that you may get to actually meet her as she's super sweet and great to work with!

Jacqueline said...

So sweet! Love the layout and card! Tea time toile is my favorite!

Tanis said...

That's SO SWEET!!! What a nice thing to do for Ashley :)
GREAT projects too....love that background stamp.

Yaritza said...

What a nice things to do. Your projects look great.

Kerry said...

Such a beautiful card! That crocheted flower goes so well with that pretty background stamp...very nice!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Projects... Love the crochet flower..

Anonymous said...

What a great scrap layout for the mommy to be and your card is simply beautiful!

Dawn M said...

cute projects. I especially love the scrapbook page. she will love it!

FibreJunky said...

Ashley's going to love the scrapbook page. Great layout.
I love the embossing on teatime toile. Very, very pretty.

Ravengirl said...

I wish I had the courage to try scrapbooking! I know that Unity is perfect for it. I love the clean and simple look of your card. Just beautiful!

Heather Brown said...

Sooo pretty LOVE the LO and the crochet flower is GORGEOUS!!! Perfect with that Stamp!!!!

JessicaK said...

Great layouts and what a nice gift for the new mama. The 'cravings' stamp cracked me up - a nice big journaling space to list them all out :D

Eva said...

Beautiful projects...the pink card is just stunning with it's simplicity!

cathy said...

This is so pretty! I love your color choices!

Kathy H said...

Very pretty!!!

Kristen Carll said...

ooo Kelli these projects are gorgeous! :) I am sure Ashley will love the page!

Anonymous said...

So sweet! And, by all means, you need to meet Ashley in person -- wish we all could!

Lee said...

Stunning background!!! I also just love the inside of the card!!