Saturday, April 12, 2008

Just a Note

So I made this card yesterday. I thought it was okay, but it needed something. So I got on to SCS and posted a thread and asked for help. I was given some amazing advice. I gave much consideration to many of suggestions and ended up with the second picture. Which I uploaded and then had another thought that it still needed more. Thereby giving us the third picture. So there was my process. I am so happy with one of my very few original, non-cased designs. I especially love the little dot in the center of the flower. I got a pack of 24 metal dots at JoAnn's for $1. They are silver. I didn't think silver would go with this, so I decided to make it brown. I sanded it ever so slightly to help with things sticking on it. Then I rubbed my brown ink pad over it. I didn't have brown embossing powder, but I do have sparkle embossing powder, so I sprinkled that over it. Then I embossed it. So it has a bronze with a slight pink hue (in my opinion). Which I think goes quite nicely with the overall look. You should be able to click on the picture to enlarge it to see it better. Hope you liked!!

Now I have to figure out a card for the blue strip on the first picture that says Just a note to go on.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

i like the final project. I switched hosting scrap booking to May. Hopefully you can make it then.